Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Theme Park Sculpture

 



Wooden Rollercoaster

materials- poster board, EVA foam, acrylic paint, wood burner, ribbon, Knife
size- 14 inches- 9 inches





Research 1


Research 2


Artist statement

I am  inspired by my lifelong love for rollercoasters and the joy they bring. For my theme park project, I embarked on the creation of a wooden rollercoaster crafted from poster board, EVA foam, and paint. This project was born out of a desire to capture the nostalgia and thrill of classic wooden rides, which have always held a special fascination for me. Growing up, rollercoasters were a source of immense happiness and excitement, and I wanted to channel that passion into a tangible creation. As I watched the decline of traditional wooden coasters in favor of newer, more modern attractions, I felt compelled to pay homage to these iconic rides that have played such a significant role in amusement park history.
Through meticulous craftsmanship and attention to detail, I meticulously constructed each element of the wooden rollercoaster, infusing it with the charm and character of its real-life counterparts. From the creaking wooden tracks to the exhilarating twists and turns, every aspect of the coaster was carefully designed to evoke the nostalgic thrill of a bygone era. With this project, I hope to not only celebrate the timeless appeal of wooden rollercoasters but also to spark a renewed appreciation for these classic attractions. By bringing the magic of these rides to life in my artwork, I aim to preserve their legacy and inspire others to rediscover the joy of a thrilling ride on a wooden coaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art 21

  Janine Antoni: Milagros (SHORT) | Art21 Milagros  Janine Antoni two words: Skull's, and anatomy Janine Antoni at Luhring Augustine – n...